Gift Ideas Under $10 for Salmon & Steelhead Anglers
Anglers can be incredibly hard to shop for if you don’t share the same passion for fishing as they do. There are so many different types of fishing gear to choose from that are species and technique specific. Gift cards are always great option but gifts always feel more special to me when someone has taken the time to find the perfect gift.
These are some fun inexpensive gift ideas that either catch fish or make the experience more enjoyable.
1. VIP Outdoors 12mm Bead Mix Pack $5.99 these beads are great for the upcoming winter steelhead season and are very effective at catching fish. VIP OUTDOORS
2.Waco Fishing Last Bite Jigs $3.00 each. The slim profile of these jigs is perfect for low clear water and steelhead can’t resist them. Waco Fishing Jigs
3. FishEng Leader Boards sizes small, medium, and large all are priced under $10. Anglers love their gear and love it even more when it is organized. These leader boards are designed to fit in Plano boxes to further protect delicate line and to make storage super easy. FishEng
4. Brad’s Super Bait Cut Plug single rigged or 2 pack $9.99 These are great to troll behind a 360 flasher. They are also effective when pulled behind a diver. There are many colors to choose from, I usually have the Seahawk, Jackpot, and Hot Tamale rigged and ready to go. Fish-Field
5. VIP Outdoors 3.5 Gold Mexican Hat Colorado Spinner $5.99. VIP Outdoors makes very high quality spinners that are handmade in Oregon. The 3.5 has been very effective at catching fish behind 360 flashers. VIP OUTDOORS
6. 5L Dry Bag $6.96 Every time I go fishing I take a 5L dry bag to keep my phone, keys, license, and other personal items dry. I really enjoy knowing my electronics are dry and safe when it is pouring. Amazon
7. Tao Tronics UV Flash Light $8.99 UV flashlights are great at charging glow in the dark tackle in a very short amount of time. Amazon
8. Pro-Cure Super Gel Scent $8.11 Scents are a great way to make your lure more appealing to fish and are something found in most angler’s bags. Pro-Cure
9. Rod Ties $2.50 Every angler uses something to keep their rods together when they are broken down. These ties are durable and come in bright colors which make them easy to see. Waco Fishing
10. X-Factor Tackle 6” Steelhead Slayers $5.49 X-Factor puts a different spin on the standard pink worm. These are an effective way to catch steelhead. XFactor Tackle
Happy shopping this holiday season and watch for my next few articles on gifts for anglers.